Site icon Adoption Services, Inc.

Government Assistance Programs Pregnant Women, Mothers and Children

You state, local, and the federal governments can help with financial, medical and nutritional problems.

Click this link if you are thinking of placing your child for adoption, or contact us or call 1-800-943-0400. Our not-for-profit Agency has helped over 9000 birth parents and families over the past 40+ years and we can help you.

We can make sure your child is placed with the perfect loving family and that you receive all the financial, medical, legal and other types of help allowed by law. There is never any cost or obligation fee to you for our help.

State By State List of Government Assistance Programs

Government Assistance Programs for pregnant women, birth mothers and children listed by state.

Breast and Cervical Cancer Detection

National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program provides free or low-cost mammograms and pap tests for women who cannot afford breast exams or Pap smears.

Child Health Insurance Program

Child Health Insurance Program is an insurance program for infants, children and teens. The insurance is available to children in working families. For little or no cost, this insurance pays for doctor visits, prescription medicines, hospitalizations, and more.

Child Nutrition Programs

Child Nutrition Programs give you the link to the government programs including the National School Lunch Program, Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program, School Breakfast Program, and the Special Milk Program.

Child Welfare Agencies

Child Welfare Agencies in you state (also called the Department of Human Services, Department of Human Resources, Department of Children and Families, or Department of Public Welfare) can help you with issues of pregnancy, parenting and foster care.

Early Head Start

Early Head Start programs are available to assist you in providing for the health and education of your child.

Department of Education

The Department of Education in your state can provide you with information about nutrition, pregnancy, insurance and other programs for pregnant women and children.

Food Banks

Food Banks provide a nationwide network of food warehouses that offer free food to fight hunger. Each state has a network of these banks.

Food Stamps

Food Stamp Programs help low-income people and families buy the food they need for good health. You apply for benefits by completing a State application form. This site will help you contact the food stamp program in your state.

Health Departments

Health Departments in every state can help you find out about health, nutrition, insurance, and school programs. The Department often deal with more than "just health" concerns and can be a valuable resource for you.

Home Energy

Home Energy Assistance Programs can help you pay your heating and cooling bills.

Medicaid Contacts

Medicaid is available to low-income individuals and families who fit into an eligibility group that is recognized by federal and state law. Medicaid does not pay money to you; instead, it sends payments directly to your health care providers. Medicaid is a state administered program and each state sets its own guidelines regarding eligibility and services. Click on the link to read more about your state Medicaid program.

Unemployment Insurance

Unemployment Insurance Programs offer temporary financial assistance if you become unemployed through no fault of your own.

Women Infants and Children Program

WIC, the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children provides nutritious foods, nutrition counseling, and referrals to health and other social services to participants at no charge.

Additional Help and Resources

A-Z Index of U.S. Government departments and agencies is a listing of all U.S. Government Departments and Agencies. is a very good site for finding government programs to help you and your child. Simply go to the site, fill out the questionnaire and the site will list all the national government programs that you may qualify for.

Reduced Cost Health Care at Hospitals: Hill-Burton facilities are hospitals and nursing homes that have received money from the federal government and now must provide a certain amount of free or reduced-cost health services every year to those who cannot pay. You may apply for Hill-Burton assistance at any time before or after you receive care by simply asking for Hill-Burton assistance. To obtain a list of Hill-Burton facilities in your area or for more information on the Hill-Burton program and how to get free or reduced-cost health care go to

Services is a government website where they try to help you connect with the services you need.

If You Need Help

Adoption Services is a fully licensed non-profit adoption agency that helps birth mothers living in any state in the U.S. The Agency can also help a U.S. citizen living in any foreign country. Adoption Services has helped over 9000 birth parents and families. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or if you want our guidance or help. We can make sure your child is placed with the perfect family, your rights are protected, and that you receive all the financial assistance and medical help as well as other types of help that the law allows. There is never any fee to you as a birth parent whether you work with our agency or decide to look elsewhere. Please visit the link "Ways we can help you".

We Can Help a Birth Mother Living in Any State

We are licensed in multiple states and are able to help a birth mother, birth father, and adopting family living in any of the 50 U.S. states.

Exit mobile version