If you are a birth mother and/or birth father and are looking for a loving family, we can help you!
There are two main ways we can help. In both Option One and Option Two, described below, you can be as involved or as uninvolved as you want in the selection process and have as much or as little of our help as you want and/or need.
Please note that unlike some other internet sites posting profiles, we ONLY post those profiles of families that our Agency Director, Dr. Vincent Berger (a Psychologist with over 35+ years of experience working with birth parents and families) has very carefully screened using all the factors discussed below.While our Agency has completed over 900 successful placements, the addition of profiles to our website is new. In the past we have used a fixed waiting list for a birth parent like you to choose from, but not profiles. Accordingly, while we have many waiting adopting families, we are slowly adding them to the website pages. If you do not see a profile that interest you, we already have many carefully screened and approved families for you to consider…we just have not yet added them to the profile pages.
Now let us go over the two main ways we can help you to select the perfect loving adopting family that will be “just right” for you and your baby.
Option One: Let us do the initial work and pre-screen families for you.
This is the option many of our birth parents select since it narrows down the families to those who best fit what you want in a loving family and it means you do not have to go through all of the profiled families yourself and rely on just the professional pictures and polished profiles.
- First, we find out from you what YOUR requirements are for the adopting family. We want to know all the details about the family YOU are looking for?
- Do you want a traditional husband/wife married couple or is an unmarried couple, a gay or lesbian couple or a single person acceptable?
- Are the following important: the family’s age, where they live, what they do for a living, their income level, hobbies and interest.
- What are their child-care plans and their educational expectations and plans for the child?
- Do you want a family that has a specific religious background or no religious affiliation?
- Is it acceptable that the adopting persons have a previous marriage?
- Is it ok if the adopting family already has one or more biological or adopted children, or do you want your child to be their first or only child?
- Do you want an open adoption, closed adoption, or some combination of these?
- Do you have any preferences for communication with the family? For instance, are ongoing contacts, pictures and updates over the years something that you may want?
The above are examples of what WE check out and what YOU can tell us is important in the type of family you would want to adopt your child.
- After getting all the above specifics from you, we go to our waiting list of all adopting families, including both those with and without profiles. All of these families have been extensively screened and interviewed by our Agency Director, Dr. Vincent Berger, who has over 35+ years of working with birth parents and families. The screening includes but is not limited to:
- multiple in-person face to face interviews;
- tours of their home and neighborhood;
- their personal, family, physical and mental health histories;
- educational, work and marital backgrounds;
- expectations for the child’s future, educational plans and child care plans;
- FBI and state criminal record and child abuse clearances;
- personal and work references;
- recent medical exams;
- tax records and financial data;
- and much more.
- Then, we select one or two families that best match everything YOU are looking for. We will call you and go over the family’s information to be sure that everything sounds good to you.
- Finally, depending on YOUR wants and needs, we can finalize the match and/or we can arrange for phone, internet or personal meetings for you and the family you select. Additionally, if you want, we can be involved in the initial contact to help make sure everyone is comfortable.
- This process allows you to be as involved or as uninvolved as you want in selecting the loving family that will be adopting your child.
Option Two: You can scroll through all our online family profiles yourself.
Birth parents typically use this option when they are not sure of the specific type of family they are looking for or what specific criteria are important to them in the adopting family.
- In this method, YOU look through the profiles and let us know what family or families you select and/or want to be in touch with to pursue a possible match.
Or, you can scroll through the family profiles for ideas about what is important to you and then go back to Option One above and have us find the best match.
- Then, when you are ready, we arrange to put the family in touch with you, or you with the family. This can be through phone and/or internet where you can talk and/or see each other.
If you prefer not to be alone in the phone, internet or personal contact with the family, we can be part of the contact to help make the contact as comfortable for everyone as possible.
- You then arrange details with the family or go back to Option One and have us make all the final arrangements.
We are here to help you anyway we can. Please feel free to email me or call me directly at the toll-free office number 1-800-943-0400 or use my personal cell 1-717-919-1500.
Vincent Berger, Ph.D, ABPP,ABFP
Executive Director and Founder
Email = email@example.com
Toll free = 1-800-943-0400
Personal cell = 1-717-919-1500