WAYS WE CAN HELP AN ADOPTING FAMILY
Your dream and goal of adopting a child can become a reality in a much shorter time and with much less anxiety than is typically believed. If you are like most of the adopting persons who call us, you may have heard much confusing or misleading information and may be carrying unnecessary worry and concern.
Your questions, fears, and misinformation can all be reduced if not eliminated. We understand how confusing and nerve-racking the adoption process can be and whether you work with our agency or some other program, we will help you with all the information and personal assistance you need and deserve.
The first way we can help is to answer all of your questions and provide you with general adoption information. Give us a call at our toll free number (1(800)943-0400).
We help you understand the different types of adoption (open or closed adoption, agency or identified child adoption, and an intrastate or interstate adoption), the types of adoption agencies, and the problems you want to avoid.
We can help you through our domestic adoption program which specializes in the placement of healthy newborns, infants and young children. We are different from many other adoption agencies:
- We use a Fixed Waiting List rather than a pooling/profile system so our current wait is unusually short and typically a matter of months and not years.
- We allow you to decide whether you want an open or closed child adoption.
- You have the choice of meeting the birth parents or not meeting them.
- Our Home Study process is conducted with you in private sessions rather than in a group; we can even accept another agency's home study.
- As a non-profit and full-service licensed adoption agency we can help you no matter where you live and we provide ongoing assistance every step of the way.
- We understand that no two families are alike so we personalize and individualize our programs to find as perfect a "fit" for you as possible.
- We help, for as long as it takes, from beginning to end, and then provide post-adoption services as needed.
- We are committed to being the most professional, careful and caring agency you can find. We cut no corners, take no short-cuts, make sure you take no unnecessary risks, and provide you with all the information and personal assistance you need and desire.
For specific details about working with us, click on the link Child Adoption with Us.
There are many risks when you go to adopt a child including losing a child after you have already taken them home (referred to as a disruption), losing all of the money you have invested in the adoption if the birth mother changes her mind, or finding that there are previously unknown or undisclosed fees that may appear. We have helped thousands of adopting families and can help you to reduce your risks and potential pain and can help you avoid many of the problems and pitfalls found in the adoption process.