ADOPTION INFORMATION AND HELP FOR BIRTH MOTHERS AND PREGNANT WOMEN
Do you have questions and concerns about the adoption process and/or about making sure your baby is placed with just the right safe and secure family who will love and care for your baby just as if they had given birth to the baby themselves?
We will help you focus on what is important to you and your child and provide guidance, support and advice. With our unique child adoption program:
- Our fully licensed and not-for-profit agency is licensed in many states and can help a birth parent living anywhere in the U.S and U.S. citizens living in any country.
- You will always receive the highest level of caring, personal and professional attention and there is never any cost or obligation on your part.
- You can choose to have either an open or closed adoption or anything in between.
- Your child will be placed directly with the adopting family, so there is never foster care or a temporary home.
- Your child is placed with a safe and loving home since every one of our adoptive families is carefully and thoroughly screened as part of our Home Study process.
- You can be as involved or uninvolved as you want in selecting and/or meeting the family.
- You have the option to receive or not receive photos, letters and updates on your child.
- We make sure that all of your legally allowable medical and other adoption related expenses are covered.
- We provide free counseling by a PhD Psychologist with over 45 years of experience.
- We've helped over 9,000 birth mothers, birth fathers, and adopting families in every kind of situation you can imagine, and we will help you now and for as long as you need our help.
- Since our founding in 1985, we have worked with thousands of birth parents and adopting families from all over the world and our overall satisfaction rating is excellent.
- Feel free to contact us or call (toll-free 1(800)943-0400) if you have any questions or if you want our guidance or help. All calls are confidential and there is never any fee to you as a birth parent whether you work with our agency or decide to look elsewhere. Please visit the link "Ways we can help you".
The information below is designed to help further educate you about adoption how to make sure your child ends up in a safe and loving home. Keep reading or call our toll-free phone # (1(800)943-0400) anytime or email.
Month after month we hear from pregnant women and birth mothers who have had problems working directly with an adopting family, with a private adoption attorney or with an adoption facilitator. They call with problems that could have been avoided but by the time they have called us it is too late to undo or overcome the problems.
Avoid Foster Care
It is not unusual that if a birth mother has arranged for a family on her own (called a private adoption) to have the family back out just before or after the baby is born because they found another baby or because, in their opinion, something is not just as they wish. As a result, the child is placed into the state foster care system, something the birth mother wanted to avoid. We do not use foster care! We use only direct placement so that bonding can take place as soon as possible.
Avoid Other Problems
We hear about many cases where the adopting family has lied to the birth mother about their background, their intentions, about promises of an open adoption, pictures, updates, and meetings, and about money being paid. Cases where the family actually harasses the birth mother to try to force her to place the baby or where a birth mother has been told not to worry about the birth father, only to have him enter the picture later and mess up the adoption plan. All of these problems could have been avoided if a birth mother had talked to us in the early stages.
We Act to Protect Your Child
We take every possible precaution and very carefully and fully investigate any family seeking to adopt. We check state police records, child abuse authorities, and with the FBI. We have the adopting family go through comprehensive medical check-ups; we get multiple references and tax records. We interview each family multiple times and we tour their home and neighborhood. And any of the information we have about the adopting family can be shared with you.
Verifying Your Child is Safe and Healthy
We continue to provide supervision for months after placement. We talk to the adopting family every frequently, go to their home, have them come to our office, and check with their. Over the past several years we have worked with thousands of birth parents and their newborns and young children and we have never, ever, had a child abused or neglected.
Medical and Legal Bills are Fully Paid
If you do not have insurance or medical assistance, or if you have had to pay for some things, we make sure that if you proceed with an adoption all legally allowable medical and legal bills are covered and that you are reimbursed.
Lost of Wages and Living and Travel Expenses
Since every state adoption law is different, we will carefully asses your situation to help determine what other legally allowable expenses such as loss of wages, travel, and counseling you can be reimbursed for. Depending on the laws of your state, housing, food, maternity care, and living expenses may also be covered.
Understanding Your Rights and Others' Rights
Since every state adoption law is different, we will make sure you understand your rights in your state of residence, the rights of the birth father, the rights of your family and his family, and the laws and rights of neighboring states in case you want to go by the adoption law of another state.
We are Available 24 Hours--7 Days a Week
We Can Help You in Any State
We can help you no matter what state you live in or even if you are living in a foreign country. And we have specialized services for military personnel and expatriates living anywhere in the world. We travel to you anywhere and everywhere as needed.
Help at Any Stage of Pregnancy
We can help you whether you are one week or 9 months into your pregnancy, whether you have had or not had prenatal care, and even if your baby has already been born. We place newborns and young children of all racial and ethnic backgrounds and up to approximately 4 years of age.
We provide extensive follow-up services and our overall satisfaction rating by birth parents is excellent. Many of our birth parents have provided us with testimonials. Our agency's outstanding record can also be verified by calling the State Licensing Authority at (717) 772-7702. Additionally, many birth parents who have already placed through our agency are available (upon request) to talk with you.
If You Need Help
Adoption Services is a fully licensed non-profit adoption agency that helps birth mothers living in any state and U.S. birth mother living in any foreign country. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or if you want our guidance or help. We can make sure your child is placed with the perfect family, your rights are protected, and that you receive all the financial assistance and medical help as well as other types of help that the law allows. There is never any fee to you as a birth parent whether you work with our agency or decide to look elsewhere.
Adoption and Adoption Choices
The Adoption Choices section of our website is designed to help you with information about placing a child for adoption and all of the adoption choices that are available to you. Other sections of the website are designed to help you with pregnancy issues, with pregnancy concerns, with other pregnancy help, provide financial assistance and medical help, and help if you are planning to raise your child yourself.